Tuesday, October 03, 2006

My Turn


51 Things about me:

1. I like to decorate my home country.
2. I LOVE stone fireplaces.
3. I like to wear toe rings in the summer.
4. I have had bunionectomies on both feet, the rt. foot had to be broken to fix.
5. I broke my rt. ankle in 3 places when I was 12 weeks pregnant with my 1st son, by falling off a ladder while picking sweet cherries.
6. I have 5 screws in my rt. ankle.
7. I like scented candles, mostly the cinnamon, apple, and pumpkin scents.
8. I work 2 days a week as a Dental Hygienist.
9. I had lots of cavities as a child, and have 3 crowns now because of it.
10. I loved to go to the dairy on my bike and buy penny candy when I was a kid, even if I only had a nickel.
11. I had bad back labor and had epidurals when my children were born.
12. I like wearing my hair long.
13. Like my sister, Martha, my pinky toes lay on their sides when I stand. (my hubby thinks this is funny)
14. I love sapphires.
15. When I was a kid I used to bite my tongue when I was really mad.
16. I like my toenails painted.
17. I enjoy cooking and like to try new recipes.
18. I've always had a sweet tooth.
19. Pumpkin pie, and Apple pie are 2 of my favorites.
20. My favorite candy bar is a Reeses Peanutbutter Cup.
21. I drive a Honda Accord, and I love it!
22. I've been married for almost 15 years.
23. I adore my husband.
24. I enjoy cooking my kids breakfast in the morning before they go to school.
25. The only nicknames I've ever had are Rach, Rachie, and Rachie Baby.
26. I am the youngest of 5 kids in my family.
27. I like country music, but I usually listen to classical when I'm at home cleaning the house. I guess it sets the mood.
28. Fall is one of my favorite times of year, and also when my birthday is.
29. I like the change of seasons.
30. I used to ride my exercise bike for 40 minutes every day. I'm trying to get back into that same routine.
31. I live in a 4 bedroom colonial style home.
32. I have never liked public speaking.
33. I will be attending my 20th high school reunion next month. (WOW!)
34. I like shoes.
35. I like scrapbooking, although I'm not the most artistic person.
36. I love Italian food.
37. I like babies.
38. The most beautiful place I've been is Yosemite, California.
39. I once went trucking with my best friend and her dad to PA.
40. I went to 2 Young Life camps as a teen, one in Colorado, and one in the Adirondacks.
41. I had a long distance relationship as a teen for about 3 years.
42. I dated my hubby for 4 1/2 years before marrying him.
43. I have curly hair that is unruly, so I blow dry it straight.
44. I never wore braces.
45. I have my ears double pierced.
46. I think my german shepherd mix is adorable when he stares at me when he wants to go outside. (he just did this) Boy, I'm really scrounging!
47. I like to play video games with my honey, even though he usually wins.
48. I feel sorry for bugs when their stuck upside down and can't turn over.
49. Bugs who are drowning in our pool need to be rescued, unless they're bees.
50. As a child I once had a bee get tangled in my hair.
51. I have seasonal allergies.

11 comments:

Priscilla said...

Hurrrayyyyy! You did it! I knew you could! I think it's cute that you rescue bugs.

Priscilla said...

I remember that bee getting tangled in your hair. You forgot to mention how he stung your ear several times and how you are traumatized by the sight of a bee to this day. (no wonder you don't rescue them!)

Shelly said...

WOW - I had trouble getting to 13!!! :) I like toe rings too. I have 3 on right now. And I like my toes painted but can't do the fingernails cuz one little chip and I start picking at 'em.

I always ran from bees too until I took up photography.... Now I chase 'em to get a good shot.

Rachel said...

Priscilla-That be never stung me, he just scared me with all of his wild buzzing when he was stuck. I probably reacted like I got stung because I was so terrified.

Rachel said...

Of coarse I meant to say BEE.

Martha said...

I once had a bee sting me on the ear. It swelled up and stuck straight out. Very cute, I'm sure. I learned to shake my head when something buzzed in my ear rather than put my head down on my shoulder.

Priscilla said...

Maybe I'm combining the two memories? I knew I remembered someone getting stung on the ear!

Jon said...

You like to decorate the United States?

Anyways, this was cool, Rachel. I've known less about you than Priscilla or Martha, and this helps.

Rachel said...

Jon-LOL! I never read it that way, but that's the way I wrote it, isn't it? You also learned that I'm not great at punctuation.

Martha said...

You know, I had to go back and look at your whole list again to figure out what Jon was talking about. When I didn't find it at the first glance I took a second one (call me blonde). Yes, I did see what he was saying. :)

Anonymous said...

2. I LOVE stone fireplaces.
17. I enjoy cooking and like to try new recipes
29. I like the change of seasons
although in oregon we don't get changes that are noticeable to the naked eye, it takes and expert ;O
36. I love Italian food.
45. I have my ears double pierced.
47. I like to play video games with my honey, even though he usually wins51. I have seasonal allergies.
these are the ones we have in comon, more than your sis's .