Tuesday, October 31, 2006
Friday, October 27, 2006
Friday, October 20, 2006
Tonight we gave in to Michael's pleas to carve pumpkins, and we let the boys carve their own. Dave has always carved them FOR the boys, but this year he said that it was time for them to do their own. This was very nerve wracking for me, watching them use sharp knives, and just praying they wouldn't chop any fingers or anything else off. My darling husband said, "Oh don't worry, I carved pumpkins every year when I was a kid and I always cut myself." Ahhhh! It's a good thing I have a husband here to help me teach my boys not to be such "pansies" . They had a fantastic time, and said it was much more fun to carve their own than to watch their dad do it.
Tuesday, October 03, 2006
51 Things about me:
1. I like to decorate my home country.
2. I LOVE stone fireplaces.
3. I like to wear toe rings in the summer.
4. I have had bunionectomies on both feet, the rt. foot had to be broken to fix.
5. I broke my rt. ankle in 3 places when I was 12 weeks pregnant with my 1st son, by falling off a ladder while picking sweet cherries.
6. I have 5 screws in my rt. ankle.
7. I like scented candles, mostly the cinnamon, apple, and pumpkin scents.
8. I work 2 days a week as a Dental Hygienist.
9. I had lots of cavities as a child, and have 3 crowns now because of it.
10. I loved to go to the dairy on my bike and buy penny candy when I was a kid, even if I only had a nickel.
11. I had bad back labor and had epidurals when my children were born.
12. I like wearing my hair long.
13. Like my sister, Martha, my pinky toes lay on their sides when I stand. (my hubby thinks this is funny)
14. I love sapphires.
15. When I was a kid I used to bite my tongue when I was really mad.
16. I like my toenails painted.
17. I enjoy cooking and like to try new recipes.
18. I've always had a sweet tooth.
19. Pumpkin pie, and Apple pie are 2 of my favorites.
20. My favorite candy bar is a Reeses Peanutbutter Cup.
21. I drive a Honda Accord, and I love it!
22. I've been married for almost 15 years.
23. I adore my husband.
24. I enjoy cooking my kids breakfast in the morning before they go to school.
25. The only nicknames I've ever had are Rach, Rachie, and Rachie Baby.
26. I am the youngest of 5 kids in my family.
27. I like country music, but I usually listen to classical when I'm at home cleaning the house. I guess it sets the mood.
28. Fall is one of my favorite times of year, and also when my birthday is.
29. I like the change of seasons.
30. I used to ride my exercise bike for 40 minutes every day. I'm trying to get back into that same routine.
31. I live in a 4 bedroom colonial style home.
32. I have never liked public speaking.
33. I will be attending my 20th high school reunion next month. (WOW!)
34. I like shoes.
35. I like scrapbooking, although I'm not the most artistic person.
36. I love Italian food.
37. I like babies.
38. The most beautiful place I've been is Yosemite, California.
39. I once went trucking with my best friend and her dad to PA.
40. I went to 2 Young Life camps as a teen, one in Colorado, and one in the Adirondacks.
41. I had a long distance relationship as a teen for about 3 years.
42. I dated my hubby for 4 1/2 years before marrying him.
43. I have curly hair that is unruly, so I blow dry it straight.
44. I never wore braces.
45. I have my ears double pierced.
46. I think my german shepherd mix is adorable when he stares at me when he wants to go outside. (he just did this) Boy, I'm really scrounging!
47. I like to play video games with my honey, even though he usually wins.
48. I feel sorry for bugs when their stuck upside down and can't turn over.
49. Bugs who are drowning in our pool need to be rescued, unless they're bees.
50. As a child I once had a bee get tangled in my hair.
51. I have seasonal allergies.