Priscilla's husband, Jamie, made reservations at a very nice restaurant tonight. Priscilla didn't know, but Martha and James, me and Dave, and my mom and dad were all going to be there too. (Jamie wanted to surprise her) I didn't get a very good picture of her entry, this is it. Jamie is behind her. It was a wonderful dinner, and a fun time! Thanks Jamie, and Happy Birthday Priscilla! Have a great year!
13 more random things about Priscilla:
1. She is 23 months older than me.
2. She was 1 grade ahead of me in school because she just missed the deadline to be in the grade ahead of hers, and I just made mine.
3. She is very good at math, and helped me out a lot in High School.
4. She used to be quite a bit taller than me, but when we were done growing I was almost 2 inches taller than her.
5. It's fun to go antiquing with her.
6. She is a very talented artist.
7. She sucked her thumb quite a bit when she was little, and therefore wore braces for 2 years as a teen.
8. As a child, she once ran through our sliding screen door.
9. She and I shared a bedroom for a short time as teens, and had some good laughs late at night.
10. We got matching orange ten speed bikes in our early teens.
11. We also had matching roller skates which we used to skate around the neighborhood.
12. We walked to school together in Middle School since we lived so close and had to walk.
13. She's a great sister!
Friday, December 15, 2006
Sunday, December 10, 2006
This is Jake. We adopted Jake from the Humane Society almost 9 years ago when he was a year old. He's really been a wonderful addition to our family, and I can't imagine him not being here with us.
Jake loves to look out all of our windows here, since he can do so easily. This is evident by all the snooty marks he leaves all over them. Well, last night when Jake should have been sleeping peacfully in his bed, he was looking out windows instead. He woke us at 3:35 am with a great barking commotion. Dave, myself, and both boys flew out of bed and down the stairs to see what was happening. We looked out small windows on either side of our front door, into the front yard where Jake was looking. There in our front yard, stood three deer. They didn't seem the least bit fazed by all of Jake's antics inside the house. I will admit though, I opened the door a crack to scare them off because I feared we would'nt get any peace until they were out of sight. Needless to say, I think it was probably 4:30 am or so by the time I got back to sleep. At least I know if there was any mischief of any sort going on out there, he'd be sure to let us know. Now I need to go take a nap.
Friday, December 08, 2006
This is one of our unsuccessful attempts last night, at getting a family photo for a Christmas card. Forget the dog, he was as much of a pain as the kids. We finally did get a good picture. Our Christmas card had a spot for 2 photos (a smaller one next to the family one), so we put the photo of Jake curled up in his bed in the little photo spot since he was uncooperative for the family shot. Oops, I forgot to get rid of our red eyes before posting this photo!