Monday, February 26, 2007

Home Sweet Home!







Today we arrived home at about 3:30 pm. It was a great vacation, but it's so wonderful to come home to everything that is familiar and that I love, even snow (after all we're supposed to have that in February). Steven wanted to go out and play on the igloo as soon as we got back. We are so blessed to live in such a beautiful area. Above are some pictures of my home, which we have still not finished. The fireplace will soon be finished in stone (to the ceiling), and the walls on either side will be painted a wine color that is a color in our valances (that Priscilla sewed for me!). Even though unfinished, it is still my home and I love it! Ahhh....home sweet home!

14 comments:

Tracy said...

OH, look! You have snow shoes up on the wall. Maybe you should lend them to Martha.

Welcome home. I'm glad you arrived safely.

gmjlm2 said...

Ditto, glad to know you are happy and safe. Loved the vacation pictures and your house is Beautiful.

Rachel said...

Thanks gmjlm2!

Martha said...

Oh yeah! Now I won't need to improvise with tennis rackets!

Priscilla said...

Welcome back! The fire looks cozy!

Speaking of snowshoes...we need to go antiquing agaain. (I was with her when she bought them!)

Now if I could only get busy and sew my own curtains...

Rachel said...

I would love to go antiquing again! I think Martha would too.

Martha said...

Yeah, please don't go without me.

Gudl said...

Very nice house! I am glad you made it home safely.

Shelly said...

Don't forget to buy me a leg lamp! Haha!!

Martha said...

Wouldn't she be surprised if we actually did!

T said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Shelly said...

Well, it wouldn't be much worse than the one we have now!

kristina said...

Your house is lovely. I never like traveling home from a trip but it always feels good to get home.

Bethany said...

I would like to go antiquing too. Don't forget about me!