Thursday, September 13, 2007

Random things about me


1. I ran into a wall when I was little because I was walking with my eyes closed.
2. I got a nasty bump on my head that bled.
3. I never tried that again.
4. I have a scar on my left elbow from falling off my bike when I was a teen. My friend was on the handlebars at the time.
5. I love chocolate ice cream!
6. I had a sweedish fish stuck to my butt and didn't know it when I went to small group tonight.
7. It got on the car seat and on a dining room chair cushion at our friend's house.
8. I didn't know about it until I stood up and the cushion was stuck to my butt too.
9. I had to stick a napkin on my butt so that I could sit on their couch.
10. Steven got a talking to about that when we got home...he laughed because it sounded funny, but we told him he needs to be more careful.
11. I drink 1 cup of hazelnut coffee every morning and I look forward to it.
12. I had a stomach ache from yesterday afternoon until about noon today.
13. I was beginning to think I was having a gall bladder attack, but then it went away.
14. I don't think I could ever homeschool my kids and keep my sanity.
15. I got my belly pierced when I was 30 because I thought it looked pretty.
16. No, I'm not going to show you!
17. My ears are double pierced.
18. I will not pierce anything else.
19. I love my shepherd mix.
20. I give him 8 pills a day for heart problems and allergies.
21. My 1st car was a brand new Plymouth Colt.
22. I bought it myself and my dad cosigned.
23. My first job (besides babysitting) was at Loews Theater. I worked at the concession stand.
24. My second job was at a retirement facility as a nurses aide.
25. I've picked people up off of the floor and cleaned up diarrhea more than once.
26. I am allergic to ragweed.
27. I speak without thinking too much.
28. I don't like the taste of my foot.
29. I used to love roller coasters, but now I just like them. (they're hard on my back sometimes)
30. I hurt my back sleeping on a waterbed years ago.
31. My back hurt so bad I couldn't even tie my own shoes.
32. The doctor said, " Get rid of your waterbed!" So I did.
33. Now my back is much better!
34. I went downhill skiing once when Dave and I were newly married.
35. I fell a lot and never laughed so hard in my life.
36. I'm lucky I didn't break anything.
37. I saved that for cherry picking...then I broke my rt. ankle in 3 places.
38. Thank God for doctors and screws to put it back together again.
39. The doctor who fixed it was Dr. Peartree, My mother found this quite amusing.
40. I try to exercise at least 4 times a week.
41. I wear a sapphire on my right hand.
42. I scratch and tickle my kids backs every day.
43. I have freckles.
44. I got my hair caught on a guys suit coat button in church when I was little and running through the fellowship hall.
45. That guy was Mr. Otto. He used to tease me about my freckles and say they were from kissing boys.
46. I knew they weren't because I didn't kiss any.
47. I love candy!
48. I very rarely buy it.
49. My watch has been missing a link for about a year, but I wear it anyhow.
50. My family had a dachshund when I was growing up.
51. She was hit by a car when I was 14.
52. Kenny Rogers "You Decorated My Life" reminds me of her because I heard it a lot right after she died.
53. I don't like the taste of alcohol.
54. I love "Little House on the Prairie". We borrowed season 1 and bought 2-7.
55. I guess we're going to bed now. Good night!

15 comments:

Shelly said...

What a fun read!! BTW, I couldn't homeschool my kids and keep my sanity either!! ;)

Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim said...

Thanks for sharing.

Too bad about the fish. I hope it didn't stain anything.

I can relate to your nursing assistant experience.

Rachel said...

The fish was one of those chewy candies (also called jaret fish). It did come off everything, it was just a pain...and a little embarrassing!

gmj said...

You are funny!

Bethany said...

Now we're gonna call you fish-butt.

Martha said...

28. I don't like the taste of my foot.

I don't like how mine taste either.

Hey, Bethany once wore a piece of bread and butter on her backside...

Allen said...

I don't like the taste of my foot either.

joeks said...

39. The doctor who fixed it was Dr. Peartree, My mother found this quite amusing.

I agree with your mother :)
If only you had been picking pears instead of cherries!

Tracy said...

I have never tasted my foot that I can remember...

This was a great list, Rachel. Your swedish fish made me laugh!

T said...

13. I was beginning to think I was having a gall bladder attack, but then it went away.
17. My ears are double pierced.
54. I love "Little House on the Prairie". We borrowed season 1 and bought 2-7.
so you have a gall bladder? wow and here I thought I was the only living soul left.
GmJ peirced my second holes in my ears....mmmhmmm.
we rent the whole seasons from netflex.
and what is a sweedish fish?

Rachel said...

T- Sweedish fish are chewy candy fish also known as Jaret fish. They come in green, red, yellow, and orange. The kids love them, so on occasion I will buy them.

kristina said...

That is a great list. You are funny. I talk with out thinking on occasion too.

Heather said...

This was a great list. The story about the Swedish fish (one of my all time favorites) had me laughing! I guess that's the kind of story that is not so funny when it happens to you, but very funny later when you are telling it.

Priscilla said...

You are very funny! I laughed hard! Thank you!