Tuesday, June 27, 2006

OUCH!

Today I went on an hour long bike ride with Steven. It was a nice thing for us to do together. While we were on the Hojak Trail, we were slowing down to go around a chain thingy and my feet were stuck in the straps that keep your feet from slipping off the pedals. I could not get them out as we were slowing down and the point came where I had to put my foot on the ground. It must have looked hysterical as I tipped to the side and fell on the ground. It didn't hurt at all except for my right wrist. I have a touch of carpal tunnel in that hand already from being a hygienist for 15 years, so it bother's me at times. Now it feels bruised on top of that. My chain came off too and believe it or not, I've never put a chain on before. Steven (my 12 year old) came to my rescue and quickly put the chain back on for me and made sure it was working properly. It would've been a very long walk back home.

Dave dislocated his shoulder sliding in to home plate last night playing softball. He is very sore today, is wearing a sling, and is going to the doctor to find out what exercises he should do to strengthen it again. (when it heals a little) I guess once you dislocate a shoulder, it's easy for it to happen again because things are all loose in there. No more softball for at least 2 weeks, maybe more. His poor body is so beat up from years of sports. I told him maybe he should just stick to golfing now. His response..."What fun is that?" (He loves to golf but not only golf)

Well, we were going to take a quick dip in the pool after that nice bike ride, but the rain drops are falling pretty hard right now. I think I'll go visit my mom and dad!

3 comments:

Martha said...

It's tough getting old, isn't it?

Rachel said...

Yes it is. We used to not get hurt quite so easily, and when we did we healed faster. Things hurt for a little longer now. I think I still have a few good years in me though.LOL!

Priscilla said...

Hope you both feel better soon!