Sunday, September 30, 2007
Wednesday, September 26, 2007
This is the mansion at Three Springs, where Steven and Michael went on their retreat. I think Steven slept here, while Michael slept in a cabin. There is quite a bit of land here where they ride horses and go mountain biking. We got our boys back at 3:00pm on Sunday. They had a great time, beautiful weather, and had many stories to tell. Michael said they had about 7 Bible studies while they were there, which he didn't seem to mind. I think they're already looking forward to the winter retreat, but they both say they're still not ready to be gone to camp for a whole week in the summer. It's been nice having them back. The house has been filled with lots of activity and noise again.
It looks like this year we get a longer summer which is kinda nice. Yesterday's high was 92 degrees. That's very unusual for the end of September here. In the middle of the night we had quite the loud thunderstorm. Poor Dave was awake for 2 hours afterward...just couldn't get back to sleep. Today he had to travel to Ithaca. I hope he has a good day!
Friday, September 21, 2007
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
Yesterday I decided to venture into the basement to search for my Madela breast pump for Bethany. Can you believe that we've been in our house for 4 years now and still have a few unpacked boxes in the basement?! In the process of looking for the pump I cleaned out some of the boxes. I did find some old diary's from when I was 14 yrs old. I read some parts to Michael and gave him some good laughs, then I ripped them up and threw them away (mostly...way too embarrassing!) I also found some old pictures that were fun to look at! Lots of junk... I don't know why we save so much junk, but it felt great to get rid of it! The messy section is just a small corner of the basement that has doors we can close on it. The rest of the basement has pretty much been finished,( aside from the ceiling) and it looks pretty neat and clean. Unfortunately I still haven't located the pump, but I am getting something accomplished in the process of searching for it.
Saturday, September 15, 2007
Thursday, September 13, 2007
1. I ran into a wall when I was little because I was walking with my eyes closed.
2. I got a nasty bump on my head that bled.
3. I never tried that again.
4. I have a scar on my left elbow from falling off my bike when I was a teen. My friend was on the handlebars at the time.
5. I love chocolate ice cream!
6. I had a sweedish fish stuck to my butt and didn't know it when I went to small group tonight.
7. It got on the car seat and on a dining room chair cushion at our friend's house.
8. I didn't know about it until I stood up and the cushion was stuck to my butt too.
9. I had to stick a napkin on my butt so that I could sit on their couch.
10. Steven got a talking to about that when we got home...he laughed because it sounded funny, but we told him he needs to be more careful.
11. I drink 1 cup of hazelnut coffee every morning and I look forward to it.
12. I had a stomach ache from yesterday afternoon until about noon today.
13. I was beginning to think I was having a gall bladder attack, but then it went away.
14. I don't think I could ever homeschool my kids and keep my sanity.
15. I got my belly pierced when I was 30 because I thought it looked pretty.
16. No, I'm not going to show you!
17. My ears are double pierced.
18. I will not pierce anything else.
19. I love my shepherd mix.
20. I give him 8 pills a day for heart problems and allergies.
21. My 1st car was a brand new Plymouth Colt.
22. I bought it myself and my dad cosigned.
23. My first job (besides babysitting) was at Loews Theater. I worked at the concession stand.
24. My second job was at a retirement facility as a nurses aide.
25. I've picked people up off of the floor and cleaned up diarrhea more than once.
26. I am allergic to ragweed.
27. I speak without thinking too much.
28. I don't like the taste of my foot.
29. I used to love roller coasters, but now I just like them. (they're hard on my back sometimes)
30. I hurt my back sleeping on a waterbed years ago.
31. My back hurt so bad I couldn't even tie my own shoes.
32. The doctor said, " Get rid of your waterbed!" So I did.
33. Now my back is much better!
34. I went downhill skiing once when Dave and I were newly married.
35. I fell a lot and never laughed so hard in my life.
36. I'm lucky I didn't break anything.
37. I saved that for cherry picking...then I broke my rt. ankle in 3 places.
38. Thank God for doctors and screws to put it back together again.
39. The doctor who fixed it was Dr. Peartree, My mother found this quite amusing.
40. I try to exercise at least 4 times a week.
41. I wear a sapphire on my right hand.
42. I scratch and tickle my kids backs every day.
43. I have freckles.
44. I got my hair caught on a guys suit coat button in church when I was little and running through the fellowship hall.
45. That guy was Mr. Otto. He used to tease me about my freckles and say they were from kissing boys.
46. I knew they weren't because I didn't kiss any.
47. I love candy!
48. I very rarely buy it.
49. My watch has been missing a link for about a year, but I wear it anyhow.
50. My family had a dachshund when I was growing up.
51. She was hit by a car when I was 14.
52. Kenny Rogers "You Decorated My Life" reminds me of her because I heard it a lot right after she died.
53. I don't like the taste of alcohol.
54. I love "Little House on the Prairie". We borrowed season 1 and bought 2-7.
55. I guess we're going to bed now. Good night!
Wednesday, September 12, 2007
Today was a cool day in the upper 60's, a good day for a walk in Mendon Ponds Park, so Martha, Ben, Hannah, Troy, Bethany, Shelly and Jesse, and I did just that. The chickadees will eat right out of your hand there, although Troy thought that was a little bit "scary". We saw lots of wildlife including deer, squirrels, and chipmunks. The squirrels were very bold and pretty much came right up to us to eat. It was pretty neat!
Tuesday, September 11, 2007
"(September 11, 2007) — Five of the 49 deck truss bridges in New York, including the Irondequoit Bay Bridge, were found to have some minor structural defects after recent inspections triggered by the Minneapolis bridge collapse on Aug. 1.
None of the defects was serious enough to close the bridges, state officials said.
The New York State Bridge Task Force was asked to inspect the state's 49 truss bridges and report to Gov. Eliot Spitzer within 30 days.
Among the findings:
We go over this bridge quite often as it is very close to our home. Knowing there is some damage to it makes me a wee bit nervous.
Sunday, September 09, 2007
Friday, September 07, 2007
Today the temperature reached 95 degrees here. My poor kids were dying at school where there is 3 floors and no air conditioning. Michael said that in one of his classes on the 3rd floor, they were handing out ice cold water to all the kids. As soon as they came in the door, they ran upstairs to get their swimsuits on. They couldn't get in that pool fast enough! Me? I worked in air condition all day.