Friday, September 15, 2006

Pie!




Today started out as a very sleepy kind of day. After the kids got on the bus, I laid down on the couch and woke up at 11:15 am. I felt like the day was half over, but I also felt very groggy and had a hard time waking up so I had some Belgian Hazelnut coffee to help me. Then I did the dishes and got on the exercise bike. After showering, I felt like it was time to bake, so I made a pumpkin pie and an apple pie. When the boys walked in the door from school Michael said, Yum, what are you making? When I told him I had made a pumpkin pie, he ran up to me and gave me a hug and a kiss and said, "I love you mom!"

9 comments:

Shelly said...

Awwww! How sweet!!

Martha said...

Sounds like that belgian hazelnut really did the trick. Wow! I'm not Martha.

Priscilla said...

Who are you then?

I made a pie yesterday. A peach one! It's gone already! Can you believe it? Audra went to a birthday party. I hope Sarah liked her socks. (she's the kid we brought over once this summer)

Martha said...

He's someone who admires me greatly (I hope). Rachel doesn't allow any comments other than actual bloggers so he had to use my name.

Bethany said...

Mmm, I like pie. My apple pie isn't gone yet... guess it wasn't a big hit :(

Rachel said...

Mine is scrumptious if I do say so myself! It's half gone already, so is the pumpkin one.

Rachel said...

Mom, can I have the rest of the pumpkin one? -the great michael

Priscilla said...

In due time, Bethany dear...when you have children with an appetite...your pies will not last long either.

-Sarah loved her socks!

Rachel said...

This is true, Bethany. But if it isn't one of your best ones (which, believe me, I've made quite a few not so good ones)you will make plenty more YUMMY ones. You are much more domesticated at 20 than I was. I don't think I ever even baked a pie until I was out of my parents house, and by then I was almost 23.