- He was and is a great dad.
- He has never stopped praying for us kids. (can I call us kids?!)
- He had a beautiful vegetable garden when I was a little kid.
- He says one of his favorite hobbies is finding and cutting up wood to burn in his wood burning stove.
- He had polio and almost died when he was 6 years old.
- The Drs. told his mother that he was going to be crippled for life after the disease...of coarse God had other plans.
- For years now he has ministered to the elderly. He goes about 3 times a week to play music and read the Bible to them.
- He takes very good care of my mom.
- He's always been a hard worker.
- I am so thankful to God for giving me the best dad in the world!
Thursday, April 12, 2007
Today is my dad's 75th birthday. Tonight we picked up my aunt and went over to my mom and dad's house with an ice cream cake. It was fun listening to dad tell stories of his childhood tonight. I laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes. Here are a few things about my dad that you may have already heard...