Saturday, April 12, 2008
Happy Birthday, Dad!
Today is my dad's 76th birthday, I can hardly believe it! Tonight we brought an ice cream cake and visited for a while. Here are a few things about my dad:
1. He has done volunteer work in several different nursing homes for about 28 yrs or so.
2. He is very practical. He and my mom never even owned a microwave until just the last year or two ago, and still don't own a dishwasher.
3. He is very kind.
4. He never spanked me, but I still feared him. (a healthy fear)
5. I loved the way he read to us when we were kids...he used lots of expression.
6. I can remember hearing him pray before his devotions. I always felt very secure.
7. I always knew he loved us.
8. He had polio when he was 6 yrs. old so he has one leg that's quite a bit shorter then the other.
9. He wears a lift on one shoe.
10. He loves to tell (and I love to hear) some of the funny stories from his childhood years.
11. He only had one sibling, and he died of cancer in his 30's.
12. His favorite ice cream flavor is vanilla.
13. He loves my mom!
I love you dad!