Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Help Me Rhonda!

This morning I decided to work my abs to a dvd I have (I used to do this all the time...now not so much, but I am determined to do better!). A couple of months ago we got a new plasma tv, now things aren't quite as simple as they once were. I sat there for 15 minutes trying to figure out how to play my dvd. Finally I called Dave at work and he walked me through it. When I finished my workout and went to turn off the equipment, I couldn't even turn it off. I called Dave again and he tried to walk me through it, but I still couldn't turn it off. Technology is so frustrating! I liked things when they were much simpler.

9 comments:

Martha said...

Where is Rhonda when we need her?

I can't even watch TV without help, but do it so seldom anyway that it scarcely seems worth learning how to use the equipment. (At least I can still do the laundry... for now.)

Heather said...

I agree. It gets so confusing! We used to have a t.v. that the on button fell off and we had to use pliers every time to turn it on, but even that was pretty straight forward and not too difficult.

Martha, I am glad that you can do the laundry...I have been having trouble with our septic system and have been doing laundry elsewhere for about four months:) I am very thankful for nice sisters!

Martha said...

James is thankful for remotes so he can quick change the channel when things get raunchy.

Rachel said...

Heather- Your pliers story is funny!

Martha- Me too!

Anonymous said...

Mom, you're just not technology savvy. I know exactly how to turn on the doohickey and the thingamajig. And who's Rhonda?

Heather said...

Oh my....who's Rhonda? Kids these days...

Priscilla said...

haahahhaahahahah! Who's Rhonda?!!!? I can relate. I also can relate to heather. I used to have a washing maching that I had to use pliers everytime to set and turn the dial (because basically the dial was gone).

Tracy said...

that's really funny!

T said...

can't live with out pliers! dohickey's and thingamagigs always need pliers! and well we all need a ronda in our life. but she is never around maybe she is on break....again.