Monday, August 06, 2007

What a Monday!


1. Bad allergies...very red and swollen eyes to start the day.
2. I arrived at work about 7:25am and discovered another employee waiting in her car in the parking lot for my arrival...she didn't have her key to get in. One problem, neither did I, and my patient was sitting in the parking lot waiting for me in his car. Luckily he was very kind and understanding.
3. When we finally got in, a horrendous smell greeted us at the door. It smelled like something had died. I didn't have time to look around to find out where the smell was coming from, but another employee discovered a container full of cabbage that had sat on the table in the staff lounge all weekend...YUCK!
4. It was a HOT day today and the air conditioner wasn't working in the office. The temperature got up to 83 degrees inside. When you have long sleeves and masks on, that's too hot. We were all dying...especially the pregnant dentist.
5. After work I stopped by the grocery store to pick up some fresh fish for dinner, and stopped by the pharmacy to pick up my allergy medicine, only to find that it had been returned to stock because I didn't pick it up quick enough. I had to sit and wait for 20 min while they refilled it...WAAAA!
Thank God this day is coming to a close. Did I learn anything from it?....

12 comments:

judi/Gmj said...

humm... to thank God for air conditioning in the grocery store?

Rachel said...

Yes, I am very thankful the grocery store was air conditioned.

kristina said...

Oh no! I have had days like that. Sometimes it gets so bad I just have to laugh because I can't believe another little thing could go wrong. Tomorrow will be better.

T said...

you learned something.
1. you can survive
2. God has a sence of humor.....that we don't get sometimes
3. God is really indeed in control
4. never ever leave cabbage on a table
5. if you can't see your keys in your hand , you don't have them

no?
LOL.
I hope today is a better day!

Rachel said...

T- Thanks for making me laugh.

Kim said...

At least it was the cabbage that smelled and not some dead animal. You maybe could've made some saurkraut with that cabbage. Who brings a head of cabbage to work? The pregnant dentist? It's a good thing there is always another day to follow those cruddy ones.

Martha said...

Remember the song "Monday, Monday"? No? Well, in my days of homeschooling Mondays are usually the worst. Luckily, they're followed by Tuesdays which aren't nearly so bad.

Martha said...

PS I love the monkey. He's a great illustraion of how you must have felt by the end of the day. (Or maybe when you finally stepped into the office.)

Rachel said...

Kim- It wasn't a head of cabbage, it was cole slaw left out in a tupperware container by the other DDS in our practice. She is in Las Vegas at a seminar until Wednesday. I'm amazed at how it stunk up the entire office so bad!

Kim said...

Oops, I guess I'm skimming on my reading. I've never been good at reading comprehension.

Gudl said...

You poor women!

Priscilla said...

I'm sorry. I can't help but laugh a little!

I clean Dr. M's dentist office on Mondays and I have a key. I let myself in yesterday at around 7:00. Glad that there wasn't any spoiled food to greet me....and the air conditioning was working fine. ;)