Wednesday, August 29, 2007
Today Martha and I went hiking with the kids at Webster Park. In the woods the kids found a dead tree and they thought they'd try to push it down, so they pushed and pushed, and down it went! It was a nice hike through the woods, but it was HOT out and we were soon ready to come back here for a swim. It was a fun day together!
Friday, August 24, 2007
Today I went to visit my mom for a bit, and while I was there we got talking about slides. My dad said he thought that they might have another small box of them. Just before I left, my mom looked and there was! I came right home and started to scan some of them to see what was there. Unfortunately the computer froze up and I have not been able to get the scanner to work, but not before I found and scanned this photo of me with my grandma. I think it's the only photo I've ever seen of myself with her! (I know that sounds strange, but it's true) My grandma (my dad's mom) developed Alzheimer's and was in the State Hospital by the time I was 9 or so. She was bedridden for several years before she died, shortly after Dave and I were married. (I was 23) What a special photo to find!
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
Yesterday Martha and I went to Chimney Bluffs with the kids for a hike. It was the perfect day for it....refreshingly cooler than normal so we didn't get too hot. As you can see Martha is a very good climber, however coming down was a different story. We had such a great day together. Hopefully she doesn't have too many bruises. Lol!
Sunday, August 19, 2007
Today Dave's sister came over after church and the 5 of us went out for a bike ride. No matter what, I just couldn't seem to keep up. I pedaled SO hard, but it made no difference. Finally Dave stopped and wondered what was up (frustrated). I told him I was tired and just needed to go home, so the 4 of them biked and I started for home. (I went a total of about 5 miles or so) All the way home I kept thinking, "This makes no sense. I'm always faster than the boys., what is wrong with me?" When I got off my bike to push it into the garage, it was even hard to push....that's because the front brakes were stuck on. UGH!
Saturday, August 18, 2007
Thursday, August 16, 2007
|J.P. Jepp cradles Dahila Jepp, Thursday, Aug. 16, 2007, at a hospital in Great Falls, Mont., one of the identical quadruplets his wife Karen Jepp gave birth to Sunday afternoon, Aug. 12, 2007. The four girls were breathing without ventilators and listed in good condition Thursday, a hospital spokesperson said. (AP Photo/The Great Falls Tribune, Kristen Cates)|
Thursday, August 09, 2007
I was rummaging through old pictures tonight looking for a photo of a couple I haven't seen in a long time and I came across this. This is a picture of my niece, Bethany and I when she was about 2 or 3 yrs old. When I look at this and then think about her expecting her 1st baby in October, I wonder where time has gone?
Monday, August 06, 2007
1. Bad allergies...very red and swollen eyes to start the day.
2. I arrived at work about 7:25am and discovered another employee waiting in her car in the parking lot for my arrival...she didn't have her key to get in. One problem, neither did I, and my patient was sitting in the parking lot waiting for me in his car. Luckily he was very kind and understanding.
3. When we finally got in, a horrendous smell greeted us at the door. It smelled like something had died. I didn't have time to look around to find out where the smell was coming from, but another employee discovered a container full of cabbage that had sat on the table in the staff lounge all weekend...YUCK!
4. It was a HOT day today and the air conditioner wasn't working in the office. The temperature got up to 83 degrees inside. When you have long sleeves and masks on, that's too hot. We were all dying...especially the pregnant dentist.
5. After work I stopped by the grocery store to pick up some fresh fish for dinner, and stopped by the pharmacy to pick up my allergy medicine, only to find that it had been returned to stock because I didn't pick it up quick enough. I had to sit and wait for 20 min while they refilled it...WAAAA!
Thank God this day is coming to a close. Did I learn anything from it?....